As part of the solution to improve electric reliability on the island, we’re planning to build the new “missing link” transmission line between the Murden Cove and Winslow substations. This new transmission line is a critical component of PSE’s plan to improve electric service reliability, reducing the frequency and duration of power outages for customers on Bainbridge Island.
It’s PSE's goal to understand community values and interests around the new transmission line, so we launched a community engagement process to gather input. To help reach that goal we’re asking for the community’s feedback on the route segments under consideration.
How to use this website:
- Navigate between sections using the tabs at the top of this page or by scrolling down through the site content.
- Visit each section below to learn about the new "missing link" transmission line and how PSE is involving the community in the routing process.
- Click on the '+' symbol to find more information.
- Share this site with others who might be interested and encourage them to share their feedback.
This site is accessible to screen reader devices. If you need further assistance to access the information on this site, or would like materials in a different format, please get in touch with us via email at email@example.com or leave a message at 1-888-878-8632.
Sign up to stay informed
Thank you for visiting this site to learn more about PSE’s effort to improve electric reliability on Bainbridge Island and share your feedback.
- After Feb. 12, PSE will review feedback shared on route segments and begin developing route options.
- The Community Sounding Board will review the route options at their next meeting and share their feedback with PSE.
- PSE will share the refined route options and ask for the community’s feedback at a second workshop in 2021.
- PSE will make a route decision later this year after working with the Community Sound Board and gathering feedback from the community.
- PSE anticipates having the transmission line loop in-service by 2024.